If you have children in the publicly funded English Catholic School system, and are a homeowner, most likely your child’s school and/or Board has ensured that your designation shows correctly “English – Separate”. However, if you do not have children in the system, or if you have moved or are a tenant (rental), you may not be registered to vote for the correct school support. On Election Day, you may find you are unable to cast your ballot for your choice of leader for your local school board. As well, if you have children in more than one publicly funded system (one child in Catholic, one in Public); YOU decide which system your support will be designated to.

Please note

If there are any changes in your statues-(i.e. moves, births, etc.) your TAX support automatically will default back to PUBLIC. However, by contacting one of the offices below, you can ensure that your choice is registered correctly.

To ensure the correct school support, contact one of the following:

  • if you are a tenant, call your landlord and/or
  • your local school board;
  • Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) at 1 866 296 MPAC (6722) or online at www.mpac.ca to review your property assessment notice.

School support designation is critical not just to cast a vote for trustees, but the number of registered school supporters dictates the number of trustees elected for each Board and the provincial government regularly relies on these numbers when making decisions on funding for schools.

Thank you for taking the time to ensure your school support designation and continuing to support publicly funded Catholic Education!