OAPCE Communicates with parents across the province (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
The OAPCE Board of Directors is the governing body of the province wide network of parents and guardians whose children are enrolled in publicly funded Catholic education. OAPCE is a partner on the Institute of Catholic Education (ICE) with Teachers, Principals, Trustees and Bishops to mention a few. Our Directors sit on working tables/committees with the Ministry of Education, are active members of EQAO assessment, and are the parent perspective to media including Catholic Register and Salt and Light TV
Why do we need to have an OAPCE Representative
From these meetings and events we receive up to date and timely information about the issues of the Catholic education system of Ontario. We then provide our Liaison Reps with this information to pass along to their School Councils. We also provide our Liaison Reps with information on the operations and activities of the OAPCE, upcoming education events taking place in different areas across the province, and requests for feedback on items such as curriculum reviews or Ministry initiatives where we are asked to provide comment on behalf of the parents in our system.
We also hope to receive information in return from our Liaison Representatives regarding their local and regional achievements, celebrations/events, as well as areas of concern requiring clarification and/or recommendations that have been identified.
Did you know the OAPCE Liaison Representative was mandated by the Ministry?
The Ontario Education Act, Regulation 612/00 states, “3. (1) A school council for a school shall be composed of the following people ... 8. One person appointed by an association that is a member of the Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations, the Ontario Association of Parents in Catholic Education or Parent Partenaires en Education, if the association that is a member of the Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations, the Ontario Association of Parents in Catholic Education or Parent Partenaires en Education is established in respect of the school.”
OAPCE Representative Role
- Parent member on School Council
- Be a point of contact for information sharing between OAPCE and School Council
I'm interested in this important role
1. Volunteer on your School Council to be their OAPCE Liaison Representative.
2. Email OAPCE at firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you are the Liaison Representative.
· If you are with the Toronto Board, email email@example.com
· If you are with the Dufferin-Peel Board, email DRAPCE@hotmail.com
3. You will receive information and newsletters directly to your email and pass this information to your School Council.
4. Inform OAPCE of any concerns/questions that your parents have regarding any Educational matter